The Southern Vermont Broadband Cooperative offers the fastest connection speeds (for both upload and download) available in the town of Stamford. The cooperative reduncant 75Mbs networks - one from a Vermont fiber circuit and one from a Massachusetts. When discussing connection speed, a couple variables always come into play - but mainly the issue is how fast can the location that you are connected to process the connection. On average our members are seeing a real time connection to outside our network of 10 - 25 Mbs with no mandatory time commitment for our pricing.
Some other benefits as a member of our cooperative:
- No installation charges, we do charge for your last month's (ending) dues with your first bill.
- No equipment charges - the cooperative owns all the equipment, if something fails we replace it at no charge.
- Our prices will only come down, while our connection speed will only increase in the future
- All proceeds from membership dues go directly into the cooperative (for bandwidth purchase, and network expansion and maintenance), nobody makes any money off of your internet needs
- The network is installed and maintained by community members so if any service is needed, it's done around your schedule and as quickly as possible
- If a member chooses, they can completely stop their land line phone service with the use of a VOIP, Skype, in house cell station, or any of the other digital voice options available (these are separate services that are not affiliated with the cooperative but in use by many cooperative members).
- Our monthly dues are $35 billed via email with several payment options.
- We do not limit bandwidth use as long as a member's usage does not adversely effect the enjoyment of the network of any other member. We are a community network and as such we ask that each member be mindfully of how their online usage might effect the network as a whole.
Each installation is different depending on where an antenna needs to be mounted and where the main connection will be inside the home, on average our installations take about an hour. We generally visit the home to discuss installation options prior to installation. Depending on your time commitments and those of our installers, you could have service by the end week.