Thank you for completing the Stamford Vermont Seed Savers compost survey this past Saturday at the Transfer Station.
Here are some highlights of the survey:
1. Out of 45 people surveyed, 75% of you already compost food scraps at home!
2. Of those who do not, more than half said they would be willing to bring food scraps to the Transfer Station for the first time. (yay)
3. Ten people would be willing to contribute compost to the Stamford Community/School Garden.
4. A third of you would be interested in attending a composting workshop.
5. Six people would be interested in having space in the community gardens.
6. One-third of you are interested in working with the Farm to School Program as it emerges at Stamford Elementary School, and another third are possibly interested.
We will be having our annual Seed Share in January, all are welcome to come with seeds or not.
In addition to our regular meetings, we hope to have two or three demonstrations this winter with possible topics ranging from compost to mushroom growing.
You can sign up to receive alerts on new posts to the website by clicking the here.